Digital Asset Management (DAM) system allows you to manage tasks and decisions surrounding the ingestion, annotation, cataloguing, storage, retrieval and distribution of your photographs, animations, videos and audio.
The Digital Age has transformed the way companies launch new products, accelerate innovation, and use content to engage with users. Marketers have taken advantage of digital assets such as photos, audio files, video clips, animations, banner ads, brochures, games, and other media to provide richer and more meaningful engagements online. Overwhelmed by the exponential growth of such assets and channels of distribution, organizations seek solutions to manage digital assets efficiently within one deeply unified system. To create an optimized customer experience, assets often must be syndicated across an ever- expanding number of digital and physical marketing channels. Finding these assets are difficult, where in many organizations assets are spread amongst soloed systems, network folders, and external agencies often with varied quality, relevance, and consistency. Without a single management layer, the creation, storage, and distribution of these assets can significantly delay time to market of a new product or reduce the value of a brand.
What are the Benefits of Digital Asset Management Software?
Digital Asset Management (DAM) technology has helped a number of industries and organizations since its inception. From manufacturing, education, healthcare, cosmetics to the music industry they have all benefited from a DAM. See how your organization can benefit from implementing a DAM:
- Increase efficiency by locating the exact file instantly.
- Have a central location for all your digital files that securely manages your treasured pieces of work.
- Keep track of your files’ history – reuse your digital files and videos to maximize your asset.
- Place watermarks on images or work-in-progress files to ensure they aren’t used before they are completed or paid for.
- Embed copyright or contact information into every image or file so external parties can contact the right person prior to use.
- Automate workflows; streamline content creation and distribution processes with built-in tools.
- Control when press kits, photos and critical documents are distributed and viewed by setting embargo dates on your files.
- Increase efficiency by integrating a DAM with other enterprise software. Pull files directly from a DAM while in Adobe Indesign, your CMS and more!
- Be informed on the usage and viewing of your digital files. Implement digital rights to know exactly who is using the digital files, images and videos.
- Save time while on the go – use mobile and tablet functionality to approve, edit and distribute digital files while away from your desk.
- Find files fast based off of specific metadata captured in the file; such as magazine issue, photo shoot, product brochure and more.
- Keep files securely maintained in the DAM while collaborating with internal and external teams.
- Manage edits, make annotations and submit approvals without leaving your digital asset management.
- Decrease production delays and costs by assigning tasks to internal and external teams.
Well-integrated digital asset management capabilities can help companies conserve resources, accelerate cycle times, and ultimately create a more productive and collaborative ecosystem. DAM fulfills the needs of organizations that want a single unified interface with a single process and scheme for organizing and tagging content, from websites to videos to documents, with consolidated search capabilities built in.